Sunday, June 1, 2008

Grange Road Number 6 - Part 2

By that time, I was very hungry, so I cobbled something together, and then I set out discovering the place. I made my way to West Road where I was supposed to spend the following twenty days reading for my thesis at the Research Center for English and Applied Linguistics. I could not find it easily but someone who happened to be walking the same way knew I was lost and helped me find my destination. Exhausted, I returned to Grange Road number six and slept. Though it was summer, my room which happened to be number one was very cold. The room was obviously very clean and everything was okay but I soon found out that the blanket I was given had a very large dirty yellow spot on one side, and because I could not find someone whom I could ask for a replacement, I just turned it up and pretended the spot did not exist. My solace was having a warm bath in the next morning. After one day, I came across my second neighbour, a Chinese with long hair and who tacitly made it clear that he wanted to be left alone.


At around 10 PM, I tried to give Shamma a call but I could not listen to it ringing on the other side.

No comments: