Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Next morning (2)

The RCEAL was very quiet that day, and Ms Jones made sure that everything I needed was at my fingertip. I have to say that the support that I had there was unparalleled. I remember one librarian who worked at the Tunis university library and who, unlike the rest of his colleagues, insisted on him being treated to a cup of coffee in exchange for books students ask for, and because of the fear factor no one dared to report him.
By 3 P.M, I left the library to Grange Road number 6 and then back to the city center to do some shopping.
Shamma sent me a message. She tried to call but could not join me. I gave her a call at 10 PM and we talked about this and that before she wished me good night (she said: Layla Sa3iida which she learnt in Morocco). She spoke about the fudge store opposite to King’s College and recommended it.
The day before I e-mailed her: “I am in Cambridge, safe and sound. I have not yet been given access to the Internet at the college, may be this afternoon. I have not heard from you. I hope you are fine.”

No comments: