Saturday, June 7, 2008

Next morning

I woke up very early the next morning. That was a habit I always try to keep to. I remembered my grandfather who always insisted on the benefits of waking up very early: you never feel that you have done something worthwhile if you sleep in, my son!! Sleep early!! As early as chickens do if need be, but when you listen to the muezzin call for early Morning Prayer, then you have to get up!! That would make you healthy in mind and body, and that is one of those things that make a man worth his name!! May be that was one of the reasons why he kept a strong body all his life long. I could remember him climbing the big almond tree in his eighties!! That was one of those habits he tried to instill in us.

I had my shower and my breakfast, trying to envisage my coming encounter with the RCEAL staff. It was a walkable distance which I made in less than ten minutes. Ms Jones was the first person I met. She welcomed me with a big smile and helped me find my way around the place. “Susan was expecting you yesterday. Today is her day off”, she said. I apologized saying that it took me until three PM to find my hostel, and it did not seem to me appropriate to drop in that late.

No comments: