Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ramble talk

I have changed it from "meditations from Jerba" to "from Jerba: meditations, ramble talk and otherwise" for many reasons. First, mediation alone is too heavy a word for what I sometimes want to say. There are times when I start talking about anything and about nothing, just for the sake of talking, especially when I have a cup of coffee with colleagues in my work place. Actually, I hate to call them colleagues and I prefer the term "friends" as the kind of relationships we have transcend those between people working together. So, what happens is that when I have my cup of coffee I get excited and I start picking on them and and talking endlessly about trivialities, just for the sake of it. And so happened that those trivial things we talk about lead us to other subjects which might be interesting to put on my blog.

So, meditation itself, or weighing ones words before committing them to this online parchment is not really the thing and a change seemed most appropriate.

Second, there are things in life that I want to share with others, and they are so simple and may be stupid and hence they are a far cry from what we can call meditations.

Third, and just like anyone else in this world, there are times when I feel like crying, if you see what I mean, and that completely different from meditating.

No comments: