Friday, January 4, 2008

Translation

I have have been cherishing, for some time now, the idea of translating some literary texts into Arabic and putting them on this blog, and then inviting others to contribute to my work with their suggestions. My aim is to bring people together and to do something for the betterment of all of us.

I think novels would be a good start and I have been juggling several titles, butI have to admit that a decision on which novel to start with is not easy to make. I believe I have to start with something I like, something I go on doing even when I am not in the mood. I read Moon Palace two years ago and I may start with an extract from it.

1 comment:

Ali H. Raddaoui said...

Hey there Khaled,
Nice blog! I enjoyed reading all of its entries. I like the title: Meditations from Jerba. Jerba is so famous that it has become more like a household item in Europe and certainly North Africa. As many people would want to pay a visit to the island of their dreams, they certainly will do some surfing and 'stumble' on your blog. And you do a good job of reassuring people that this guy from Jerba is cool, as cool as the waters of Jerba on a hot summer day, and as warm as Jerbian weather during what is otherwise a harsh winter season elsewhere. Thank you for sharing your contemplations. I will visit again. Ali H. Raddaoui.